If you have noticed an inconsistency to my blog posts in the last couple of months, you are right. I can sum up the reason in two words: Snow Days. Here’s a little snow day fun for those of you who are in the same boat!
Ten indications you have had too many snow days:
1. Normally fun, special indoor activities such as play-doh and painting become as mundane as setting the table.
2. When the phone rings at 5:30am you don’t even listen to the recording, but silence the phone and go back to sleep.
3. Rainbow Loom rubber bands or bracelets can be found in every room of our house.
4. Your 7 year old is almost in tears because he knows how many days he will have to be in school in June instead of at the pool.
5. The same 7 year old tries to perform a triple axel off the couch and is now missing 1 square inch of skin on his back from the landing.
6. You have watched the “SchoolClosings” You Tube video at least 13 times now. It really is funny… see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=sUtPG2J5RwQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DsUtPG2J5RwQ%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop
7. You hand the kids rags and send them to dust off all the ridges in the woodwork on the doors.
8. Screen time has gone from 1 hour a day to “play until the batteries run out.”
9. The Soundtrack from Frozen has become the soundtrack to your life.
10. The kids’ Valentine’s Day cards for the class are done 10 days before Valentine’s Day.